Weber Shandwick is looking for a public health PR professional with a Masters in Public Health (MPH) to join our growing Health Care practice. Working here, you’ll play an integral role in effecting positive public health outcomes through community-based programs and interventions.
Midwest region’s leading public relations firm and represents many of the area’s leading corporations, institutions and brands in multiple sectors, including financial and professional services, technology, healthcare and consumer goods, as well as the region’s emerging companies. Minneapolis is the
We work on both an intensely local and truly global scale, applying local market insight and expertise to clients’ challenges, as well as the full breadth of Weber Shandwick’s worldwide capabilities for clients’ global campaigns. Our expertise spans all core communications disciplines: business-to-business, business-to-consumer, corporate and internal, investor, government and community, crisis and marketing.
Goals for Your First Year as Account Director, Public Health:
- In support of our continued growth, you will help shape our public health new business strategies. You will fully engage and consult with our practice group leaders to identify opportunities and develop new approaches for growth.
- Bring your passion for public health initiatives to professional societies and industry leaders as they roll out public health campaigns.
- Apply your PR knowledge to assist our hospital clients develop quality performance improvement measurements.
Essential Attributes and Experience of a Successful Account Director - Experience and Credentials:
- Minimum MPH educational degree from an accredited academic institution
- Demonstrated experience in leading healthcare community-based interventions designed to target specific populations
- Experience developing complex campaigns and measuring results
- Solid knowledge of outreach initiatives such as putting programs in place to help reduce preventable complications and readmissions and hospital acquired conditions, and implement effective infection control techniques
- Demonstrated skill in leading and motivating teams
- 8+ years experience working in a PR agency or comparable experience in designing and implementing public health communications strategies with some PR agency experience
- Undergraduate degree in Strategic Communications, or Marketing or related field and/or extensive equivalent combination of education and experience. , Journalism,
- Self confident, flexible and open to feedback
-Facilitator and team builder
- Highly organized and thoughtful in approach
- Analytical and consultative
- Communicator able to effectively interact across position levels, including executive leadership and senior management.
- Strategic thinker
What’s Attractive to the Right Candidate for the Account Director?
- We do excellent work that makes a difference for our clients.
-We have leading clients who invest in communications as a strategy to drive outcomes.
- You will work with colleagues who are leaders in the field; professionals who are committed to their work and who are respectful and responsive to each other.
- You will work for a leading global agency that has the resources and expertise to effect change for our clients.
- A collaborative, engaging and dynamic work place. It’s exciting and fun to work here.
- We offer an excellent benefits package and competitive salary.
Submit resumes to Lisa Simon, Director of HR, firstname.lastname@example.org