Organization: Como Park Zoo and Conservatory (AZA Member) Location: St. Paul, MN, United States Job or Internship: Internship Como Park Zoo & Conservatory is visited by more than1.5 million people each year. Comos mission is to inspire the public to value the presence of plants and animals.
Marketing initiatives and public offerings at Como are increasing with new exhibits and attractions. Interns will have a volunteer opportunity for a variety of job experiences along with the rewards and challenges of helping to create a quality visitor experience. College credit is optional.
- Assist in creating strategies to promote activities and events at Como
- Assist in developing, planning and executing promotional and special events
- Organize media releases and press kits
- Support the Marketing and Rental work groups for assigned projects
- Be in pursuit of a bachelors degree in business, marketing, communications, or related field
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written skills and high quality work
- Demonstrate ability to work with people of all ages, abilities and cultures
- Be able to work independently and with others in a team collaboration
- Understand and follow required Como Campus policies and procedures
- Be able to regularly work weekdays, weekends, and occasional holidays
- Social networking experience (Facebook, Twitter)
- Dreamweaver experience or other website management software experience preferred TIME
COMMITMENT: Minimum commitment of four months required.
- Summer: Minimum of 20 hours per week, with weekday and weekend shifts.
- Fall/Spring: Minimum of 15 hours per week, with weekday and weekend shifts.
Application Procedure: Deadlines for applications: Fall semester: August 15th
Spring semester: November 30th Summer semester: March 15th
How To Apply Intern Application forms available for download at: www.comozooconservatory.org/support/volunteer Click on Internships tab, or, contact Como Park Volunteer Services (651) 487-8287 or ComoVolunteers@ci.stpaul.mn.us
Deliver Application to: Como Park Zoo and Conservatory Volunteer Services, 1225 Estabrook Drive, St. Paul. MN 55103 Requirements: (Your application is not complete until all items are received) - Cover letter indicating reasons for interest in an internship at Como - Resume indicating education and employment experiences - Two letters of reference, at least one from a professional within your primary field of study - Completed Internship Application form Please refer to job code 15549 when responding to this ad.