This position will primarily focus on marketing tasks relative to the Haberman brand. It is not a client-facing position. This is an excellent internship opportunity to see the business and marketing side of agency life first-hand, including working with company principals, contributing to new business proposals and researching and contributing to agency marketing programs. It will also include some administrative duties, such as database development, organizing of server files, and updating of documents.
Your internship will likely involve the following responsibilities:
• Provide administrative support to marketing and new business team
• Help manage and support local, regional and national marketing efforts for Haberman
• As appropriate, develop and write marketing materials, including news releases, case studies, fact sheets, web copy, etc.
• Assist with web site updates and redesign efforts
• Assist with company social media efforts
• Research, develop and manage database updates and new business leads
• Research, pitch and maintain status sheets for speaking engagements and trade show sponsorship opportunities
• Help coordinate special events
• Prior marketing, advertising or PR experience (marketing preferred)
• Familiarity with Twin Cities market a plus
• Social media savvy
• Excellent rapport-building skills
• Intellectual curiosity, knowledge of current events
• Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles
• Healthy sense of humor and a penchant for creativity
• Outstanding writing skills
• Tremendously organized with outstanding time management skills and close attention to detail
If interested, please send a resume and 1-page cover letter detailing why you think you’re a good fit for this position.
Deadline: December 8, 2010
Hours: 20+ hours, minimum three days per week, to begin in January through Spring Semester
Contact: Julie Lunn, Marketing & New Business Development Manager, Haberman, firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls.