Life Time Fitness, a healthy way of life company, is seeking an experienced, highly-motivated and talented communications professional to join our Corporate and Member Communications team. This Public Relations Specialist will assist with the implementation of public and media relations initiatives that support Life Time Fitness, its businesses, products, services and events.
Examples of Work Performed
- Manage media relations efforts including determining media targets, executing plans and pitches, handling incoming media relations and coordinating and conducting interviews.
- Draft media relation pitches, press releases and press kit materials.
- Assist in the execution of media tours and events (i.e., grand openings, press conferences, athletic and endurance events, etc.).
- Proven success in generating national, regional and local coverage across a range of media for consumer services and offerings.
- Provide input on overall strategy and plans to Public Relations Manager.
- Work cross-functionally across Life Time to move public relations campaigns and objectives forward.
- Manage media monitoring and reporting, including building media lists and maintaining contact databases.
- Develop news-worthy outreach to generate good will, publicity and brand building value.
- Continuous evaluation of program effectiveness and efficiency.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism or public relations
- Four-plus years of proven, public relations experience and at least one year in client management experience, preferably within an agency setting.
- Excellent writing skills, including writing news releases, case histories and feature articles.
- Proven national media relations experience, including developing and pitching story ideas to editors, as well as working knowledge of media search databases.
- Excellent public speaking skills.
- Proven work with the media, pitching, in interviews, and on camera.
- Experience developing and monitoring social media strategies and initiatives.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to write persuasive copy.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics:
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to operate a personal computer.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction, while also functioning and contributing as part of a team.
- Proactive, energetic personality; inquiring, investigative mind.
- Ability to define problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and recommend solutions.
- Knowledge of and proven success in designing and implementing results-oriented public relations strategies, best practices and procedures.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment