The Senior Social Engagement Specialist is a key role in the development of social marketing strategy and management of holistic social marketing efforts. This specialist oversees execution – jumping in as needed – while being empowered to serve as the primary driver of optimization. The Senior Social Engagement Specialist is expected to take a lead role in pioneering the use of emerging, viable technology platforms and developing progressive models for explaining and selling social marketing. In addition, this specialist will assist the Social Media Strategist with cultivating new business efforts through brainstorming and plan development. Most importantly, the Senior Social Engagement Specialist serves as a vocal advocate - among both clients and co-workers – to follow the OLSON models of social engagement, while maintaining a laser focus on creating currency, and driving connections.
Handles day-to-day management of social media blueprints for clients, driving content and response strategy, and counseling co-workers on best practices.
In tandem with the Social Media Strategist, develops strategic recommendations to drive and optimize client campaigns, as well as new business efforts.
Independently concept, plan and sell social marketing campaigns based on client objectives and insights uncovered by the Social Media Specialist.
Build on industry insights to develop new working models for conceptualizing social marketing and selling it into clients, with direction from the Social Media Strategist.
Lead efforts to pioneer new methods of social engagement, and merchandise results and key learnings among internal and external audiences.
In concert with the Social Engagement Strategist, take a visible, central role internally and externally advocating the OLSON approach to social engagement and best practices.
- A four-year degree in communications, marketing or a related field.
- Three to five years experience in applying social marketing platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, blog platforms, etc.) with demonstrated success for clients.
- At least two years experience of non-work related rich content development (blogging, vlogging, podcasting.)
- Experience in independently developing objective-driven, strategic social marketing plans.
- Success in developing hard-working models for clients to sell social strategies internally.
- Excellent analytical and creative skills.
- Strong writing and communication skills, including mastery of PowerPoint and Excel.
- The ability to work well on a team or on solo projects.
- Good multi-tasking and organization skills.