Cargill is an international producer and marketer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. Founded in 1865, the privately held company employs 131,000 people in 66 countries. Cargill helps customers succeed through collaboration and innovation, and is committed to applying its global knowledge and experience to help meet economic, environmental and social challenges wherever it does business. For more information, visit www.cargill.com.\
The BioFuels, BioIndustrial and Emerging Business Platform reflect Cargill's recognition of the growing importance of biosources for fuels and industrial products. The Marketing Intern will support one of the business units within this platform.
As a Marketing Intern, you will gain exposure to multiple facets of the business including marketing communications, social media programs, educational resources, customer needs, sales, and new product development. You will learn about the industries that the business serves. This position also offers an opportunity to learn more about positioning and education related to marketing environmentally-friendly products. Throughout the internship, you will also have the opportunity to learn about other sustainability initiatives within Cargill.
- Quick integration into the business through clear work expectations and responsibilities.
- Team oriented, fast-paced and hands-on.
- Internships are 12 weeks in duration (May/June-August/September 2011) with a monthly salary.
- Hopkins, MN.
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year post-secondary education in Marketing, Communications or Business field.
- Completion of introductory marketing class.
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions independently.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- General computer skills (Microsoft: Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and familiarity searching Internet sites for information.
- Ability to relocate to the Minneapolis area for the duration of the internship.
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
- Overall 3.0 GPA preferred.
- Interest in environmental programs/sustainability and marketing.
Apply online now.
Apply online now.