This position is responsible for developing clear and consistent communication materials to ensure information is appropriately disseminated throughout the Great Clips system. The primary focus is business-to-business communications including corporate staff, franchisees, general managers, salon staff, and vendors.
Key Result Areas:
Responsible for the development and distribution of system-wide and targeted communications, including a variety of print and electronic publications, system-wide announcements and promotional materials for Great Clips programs and events. Provides communications planning and execution expertise to a variety of committees, task forces and departments. Manages the Communications department internal news process, including monitoring and responding to news inquiries and submissions, tracking editorial timelines, developing electronic surveys, and maintaining internal Website content.
Key Technical Competencies:
- Demonstrated skill in preparing creative and versatile written materials (print and online) for a variety of target audiences.
- Experienced in creating or managing the production of multi-media elements such as photography and video to create engaging communications.
- Experienced in managing content for company intranet, including collaborative technologies that support communications within an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to use correct and consistent grammar, punctuation, semantics and style in all written communications according to accepted protocols.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated skill in using the design and layout features of software applications in a PC-based environment including Word, Publisher, Power Point, InDesign, PhotoShop, and/or similar software to produce typeset, press-ready publications in a variety of formats.
- Ability to communicate with and acquire information from all members of the Great Clips system on general and technical subjects relating to franchising, cosmetology, the hair care industry, and the company. Demonstrated ability to think and communicate strategically while delivering the message.
- Ability to proactively research and identify resources, collect and review pertinent data, and use this information to create communications materials.
- Ability to navigate and manage online content, including familiarity with HTML and content management databases.
- Ability to generate unique, creative and versatile ideas and concepts, and use these ideas and concepts to develop, design and deliver communication materials.
Desired Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications or related field and a minimum of 3+ years professional experience in communications, public relations or related occupation; or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge. Industry experience preferred, but not required.
If interested in this position, please send your resume to email@example.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer
An Equal Opportunity Employer