Fox Sports Marketing - Spring Internship, Minneapolis To be considered you must be currently enrolled in an undergrad program. This department oversees 3 main areas:
Communications: Maintain relationships with team partners and local sports teams, design, publish and promote regional communication tools/social networking, pitch stories to local media, write press releases, meet with reporters, internal communications, community relations and coordination of special events.
Marketing: Promote on-air games and shows along with upcoming marketing events, sales promotions, and other initiatives through spot production and placement on air, in game announcer reads, and other marketing/promotion vehicles. Maintain relationships with team partners and local sports teams
Production: Oversee and execute live broadcasts; edit video elements such as roll-ins, graphics and features for broadcast; plan, oversee and execute weekly and magazine-style shows; shoot features, interviews both pre and post-game, items for web as needed; maintain video library; assist other departments in video requests; maintain team relationships through on-air promotions, interviews, coverage of events.
Projects/Tasks: Educational opportunities: Expand creative writing and journalism experience:
• Newsletters and press releases: assist PR with writing, editing and publishing numerous publications.
• Promotional copy: assist Marketing/OAP departments with creating in-game drops and reads
• Social Media: learn to create Facebook and Twitter posts specific to company and team initiatives, goals and events. Become aware of the value of social media and how it works as a PR/marketing tool:
• Write copy: learn to create Facebook and Twitter posts specific to company and team initiatives, goals and events • Schedule and organize: become familiar with Facebook and Twitter by organizing and sending out numerous social media posts outlined by Communications and Marketing/OAP departments
• Implement social media contests: assist PR/Marketing with the implementation and follow up duties related to contests: contacting fans, mailing out items, etc
• Interact and communicate with fans: follow up with fans by responding to questions, comments, etc with guidance from Communications department Develop leadership skills and gain experience with PR/Marketing events:
• Prepare: help plan, organize and prepare for off-site, on-the-ground PR/Marketing events • Learn independence and responsibility: become familiar with how to execute and mange a Marketing/PR event • Document: take photos, write re-cap, etc for post-event PR purposes Understand the importance of business relationships
• Observe: Attend pre/post game set, production truck, live shoots, etc to gain an understanding of "presence" and responsibility in different professional settings • Prepare and Follow Up: work with communications and Marketing/OAP to fulfill client and team requests: dub in-game drops, features, etc and get to clients in a timely matter
• Research: Assist departments with client/team research for numerous different projects to learn multi-tasking ability and importance of preparation Gain experience with live productions: • Work with producers, PA's, talent on creating run-downs, scripts, etc.
• Observe production truck and studio
• Work with PA's on clipping and building packages on IVDR and Avid for studio shows
• Help with misc. studio duties including camera, teleprompter, game records Increase editing/writing/interviewing skills:
• Learn Avid system and editing techniques, editing roll-ins or teases for shows
• Shadow reporters and talent when working on features and interviews
• Work with reporters on writing skills and interviewing techniques Develop better understanding of team relationships:
• Observe when on-site including pre-game work-outs, etc.
• Familiarize self with team relations and politics Gain experience with setting up crews, trucks, etc.
• Work with operations on setting up crews, trucks, feeds, etc. for all live events
• Misc. operations duties Understand the importance of business relationships
• Attend pre/post game set, production truck, live shoots, etc to gain an understanding of "presence" and responsibility in different professional settings • Work with department to fulfill client and team requests: dub in-game drops, features, etc and get to clients in a timely matter
• Assist departments with client/team research for numerous different projects to learn multi-tasking ability and importance of preparation
Learning Objectives: -Become aware of the value of social media and how it works as a PR/marketing tool -Develop leadership skills and gain experience with PR/Marketing events -Understand the importance of business relationships -Gain experience with live productions -Increase editing/writing/interviewing skills -Develop better understanding of team relationships -Gain experience with setting up crews, trucks, etc. -Understand the importance of business relationships
Apply online now.