This position provides communications counseling, planning and writing support to Thrivent Financial Bank and initiatives working in conjunction with a Communications Relationship Manager, Bank Marketing Director and Field Communication Manager. Works independently and as part of a team to plan, implement and evaluate communications activities supporting defined objectives.
Roles and Reponsibilities:
• Works in conjunction with a Communications Relationship Manager to create communications needs assessments, strategies and implementation plans for assigned initiatives of the assigned division.
• Writes and edits articles, messages and other planned communications for multiple audiences (i.e., corporate employees, field producers, members, etc.) on behalf of the assigned division.
• Provides proofreading support as needed to others in the Communications division.
• Provides direction to communications resources (e.g., project management, writing and design, multimedia) as required by a Communications Relationship Manager and the assigned division.
• Tracks team and individual performance measures and reports performance to Field Communications Manager.
• Develops and provides communications training and tools to departments, content contributors and others within the assigned division(s).
• Bachelors degree in journalism, marketing or related field required
• Experience (minimum five years) in business communications
• Demonstrated ability to plan and implement communications programs
• Strong writing and editing skills
• Excellent human relations skills, tact, good listening and consulting skills
• Proven knowledge of the financial services industry
• Prior financial writing experience preferred
Apply online now.