What is Yelp?
Yelp is a website where 38 million people (monthly) read and write reliable and trustworthy reviews of local businesses: restaurants, bars, shopping, just to name a few; from across communities in the US, the UK, Canada, France, Germany and Austria.
Community Managers in over 50 Yelp communities are responsible for marketing, PR, other social media outlets, event planning, e-newsletter campaigns, and various odds and ends on the local level —but they can’t do it alone! Yelp Interns play an integral part in supporting activities designed to rally the Yelp community both online and off.
As a Yelp Marketing Intern You’ll Benefit From:
- Practical experience with new media marketing techniques
- Plenty of opportunities to shadow and spend time with the Community Manager including weekly meetings for coaching and professional development
- A rich network of personal and professional contacts
- As much Yelp marketing schwag as can be swallowed
So What Are Some Possible Responsibilities of a Yelp Marketing Intern?
- Helping develop, organize and execute marketing events (parties, happy hours) and guerilla marketing programs (festivals, street ambushes, etc)
- Co-managing the Twitter handle
- Keeping Yelp clean with on-site projects, writing and researching
- Online community building
Other Program Details
- 3-6 month program and can be renewed with approval.
- 8-16 flexible hours per week.
- Interns must be 19+ and have reliable transportation.
- Course credit is available.
- This internship is unpaid