3M's Consumer & Office Business supplies an array of innovative products that keep homes cleaner, offices organized and buildings well-maintained and is home to some of the world's best-known brands, including Post-it®, Scotch®, Scotch-Brite®, Filtrete™, O-Cel-O™, Nexcare™, and Command™.
An intern (10-12 week assignment) position is a temporary assignment with 3M's Corporate Student Programs. Corporate Student Programs is designed to provide 3M with the opportunity to identify qualified candidates for regular employment, and to provide students with the opportunity to integrate their academic knowledge with work experience. As a Student Programs participant located in Maplewood, MN you will develop skills, and gain work experience in your field of study.
This position is limited to working 899 hours per service credit year.
We are currently seeking a Marketing Intern who will be assigned to a brand team and work on two to three projects during the summer. Projects normally cross a variety of marketing areas such as brand marketing, new product marketing, channel marketing and marketing communications. A summary presentation to upper management with key recommendations that contribute to achieving overall brand objectives will be given at the end of the internship.
Candidates must be able to:
- Work collaboratively and autonomously
- Develop actionable recommendations
- Conduct competitive and market assessments
- Provide input into business strategic and brand marketing plans
- Demonstrate knowledge of eMarketing and social media integration
- Understand pricing and portfolio management
- Analyze secondary POS and shopper insight data
- Currently enrolled in a graduate degree program from an accredited university in communications or an MBA with an emphasis in marketing, brand management or marketing communications
- Minimum of three years full-time work experience
- Minimum of three years marketing and/or sales experience
- Minimum of one year consumer product goods industry experience
- Prior internship with a consumer product goods company
- Superior marketing, analytical, team leadership and presentation skills
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Expected degree completion by the summer of 2012
Employment Statement Apply now for this exciting opportunity with 3M. 3M is an EEO/AA employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.