The BioBusiness Alliance of (BBAM) is a not-for-profit organization focused on building a better bioscience economy in the state of Minnesota. BBAM works on projects in Minnesota’s six life science industries and with start-up organizations seeking to grow their business in Minnesota.
Position Detail: BBAM is seeking an intern to assist the Communications Manager in carrying out the communications of the organization. The intern is an integral part of the communications team and will experience all aspects of the communications and public relations strategy (i.e. newsletters, press releases, media relations, web site content, social media, etc.) for a not-for-profit organization.
• Provide creative insights to continually improve communications efforts
• Assist in the design of marketing materials
• Write content for quarterly newsletters
• Represent the organization at statewide events including regional conferences, fundraisers, etc.
• Implement strategies from communications plan
• Edit content for web site, press releases, marketing materials, etc.
• Carry out other projects, as assigned
• Currently enrolled in a bachelors degree program in the field of Marketing, Communication Studies, Journalism, or
• Be proficient using Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
• Have strong writing skills
• Be able to translate technical information into layman’s terms
• Interest in Minnesota’s bioscience industry (medical devices, biologics/biopharmaceuticals, animal health, food, renewable energy and renewable materials)
• Experience with Photoshop and InDesign
Program Duration: - Summer 2011
To Apply: Send your resume and cover letter to Melissa Kjolsing at firstname.lastname@example.org.