The role of this position is to ensure the effective operation of the Burnsville Convention & Visitors Bureau, Burnsville’s destination marketing organization, by assisting the Executive Director in both marketing and administration.
• Implements, in a timely manner, assigned programs and projects of the annual marketing plan.
• Updates the Bureau’s Web site and corresponding publications and related web sites.
• Maintains a well-informed working knowledge of the attractions and services available in the area to visitors and acts as a liaison between these entities and the visitor.
• Assists in the execution of the annual and long range market planning.
• Reviews and updates content of the Bureau’s web site and social media to insure accuracy and marketability.
• Solicits, compiles and ensures editorial accuracy of partner inclusion on the Bureau’s Web site.
• Promotes and Manages cooperative programs with partner web sites to ensure Bureau’s presence and accuracy of information.
• Manages relationship programs with constituents (hotels, restaurants, hotels, etc.) e.g. coupon and coupon redemption etc.
• Develops and coordinates sponsorship and supporter relationships.
• Manages collateral creation in conjunction with the Executive Director.
• Manages brochure distribution at Tourism Information Centers and brochure outlets as well as brochure fulfillment programs.
• Acts as primary resource and coordinator of annual fundraiser event (e.g. Canvas & Vines) to include ticket sales, auction items, sponsor opportunities, restaurants and area artist coordination etc.
• Coordinates and assists with trade shows/familiarization tours/seminars etc.
• Works with staff to create, distribute and manage all requests for proposals (RFP’s).
• Compiles and solicits the information for the calendar of events.
• Maintains a cohesive working relationship with staff/members/partners to promote brand.
• Serves as the first point of contact for all inquiries to the office, by telephone, email, mail correspondence and walk-ins.
• Assists with office operations including letters, reports, filing, supplies, phone calls, meeting arrangements, mail, accounts payable, financial materials, QuickBooks etc.
• Assists with the preparation of reports, minutes, and all other information needed for monthly Board meetings
• Manage material/collateral inventories (Visitor Guide, Dining Guide, Illustrated Map, etc.)
• Maintains accurate project records and reports to ensure that marketing campaigns are executed.
• Manages media contacts – initiates distribution efforts for news releases.
Education, training, experience:
• This position requires excellent communication skills, written skills, internet skills and attention to detail.
• Experience in travel and tourism, marketing and advertising, or marketing degree.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), database management, QuickBooks, and Social Media.
• Strong commitment to customer service and brand loyalty.
Apply online now.