· Assists in the management and delivery of the Community Education Services communication plan.
· Assists in identifying communication issues.
· Writes articles for and assists with the production and distribution of resident and staff newsletters.
· Assists in the management and design of the Community Education Services websites and video production needs such as editing, shooting, etc
· Coordinates the taking of photographs and maintains a file of photographs, etc. which help chronicle Community Education Services events, activities, programs and services.
· Creates and/or develops and distributes, as needed, to appropriate audience, news media, or other special interest publication:
o Paid advertisements for placement
o News releases
o Social media such as Facebook, Twitter, etc.
· Assists with the preparation and coordination of communication in the event of an emergency or disaster.
· Creates, maintains, and manages Community Education Services web pages and site in coordination with District Media And Technology Services.
· Helps plan and coordinate special events for Community Education Services and attends District meetings as assigned (note: some evening and weekends).
· Assists the Edina Public Schools Communications Manager as needed.
· Performs other duties and assumes other responsibilities as apparent or assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree with major course work in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, or related field
· Two or more years of related work experience
· Experience working with communications consultants on projects
· Must possess a thorough understanding of communications
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Considerable knowledge of and ability to use word processing, graphics, desk top publishing, lay-out and design, web design and content management, video production, technical writing, and reporting. Skills we are seeking include InDesign, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, social media, video etc.
· Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
· Communication experience with schools desirable.