Assistant Publicist with a focus on Social Media
Entry Level, Full Time, Hourly
Eligible for benefits after six months, paid parking in downtown Minneapolis effective immediately.
Bachelors Degree in Journalism or .
Knowledge and Skills
Knowledge of media issues, high energy, excellent organizational skills and creative thinking abilities
Strong Microsoft Office skills specifically Word and PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
1-2 years of experience in public relations or journalism fields. (this may be intern experience)
Ability to manage multiple tasks, lead projects and communicate well and often
Strong writing skills. Ability to build relationship with client. Receptive to direction.
Attitudes and Behavior
Self starter, pleasant/helpful/optimistic, minimal supervision required. Ability to work on teams.
New Business Development
- Build business contacts through networking, referrals, events and other sources
- Enhances Lola Red reputation by continuously promoting the firm through marketing efforts
- Support new business opportunities with research
- Execute publicity campaign tactics
- Prepare status documents for clients
- Ensure features are obtained, press releases are effective, clients are prepped and execution is flawless
- Monitor media for opportunities for additional exposure or possible problems or issues.
- Develop strong bond with client and provide long-term value that results in continuous revenue.
- Establish genuine and trustworthy relationships with journalists, reporters and editors
- Generate new media leads through research, networking and referrals
- Research and keep abreast of each media contact’s interests and story needs and provide value by presenting options and commentary
- Keep management informed by collecting, analyzing and summarizing concerns, data and trends in PR industry
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge consisting of: attending professional workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, reviewing best practices and participating in professional societies
- Participate in intern interviews
- Stays abreast of social media advances and shares them with the team
- Creates promotions that fit within strategy and meet clients goals
- Leads social media reporting
- Develops and refines social media reporting
- Executes social media tactics for clients
To apply, please send a ONE page resume and cover letter to email@example.com.