Marketing and Communications Program Director (5174)
Education Service Center
Terms and Conditions of Employment for Program Directors
Job level 8, Salary range $94,447 to $97,538
The Director of Marketing and Communications manages the operations related to the district’s marketing and community relations team that provides services in the areas of print communications, customer service, video, web and public relationships and strives to create, maintain and enrich relationships between and among school and community stakeholders.
- Manage and supervise all community relations staff and provide leadership to the community relations team.
- Provide direct public relations support to the superintendent, cabinet members and other district leaders as requested.
- Supervise and provide oversight to managers of special projects.
- Coordinate all aspects of district public relations, media relations and district wide communications and marketing.
- Develop, monitor and adjust the community relations budget and provide oversight to the accounting of community relations accounts payable and receivable transactions.
- Other duties as assigned by Superintendent
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Marketing, Communications or Journalism required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience in marketing, public relations, communications or related field; experience in public education preferred.
- Knowledge of student academic achievement and instructional programming delivery is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to create, enhance and sustain relationships with internal and community stakeholders.
- History of working effectively with multiple stakeholder groups and persons of varying ethnic, race and economic cultures.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with all district constituents to build strong working relationships and maintain effective communications.
- History of fiscal responsibility and effective budget preparation and management.
- Demonstrated ability to manage department recruitment, management and professional growth.
- Reports to the Superintendent of Schools.
- Works with school board members, district staff, community, students, parents and state and local education agencies.
Apply on-line at www.rdale.org and include a resume including references with your on-line application or send letter of interest and resume by close of posting to
Carol Adams, Human Resources Program Director
Robbinsdale Area Schools
4148 Winnetka Avenue North
New Hope, MN 55427
CLOSE OF POSTING
Tuesday, January 25, 2011