*** MUST HAVE WORKS STUDY FUNDS ***
- Experience or interest in working with new media, technology and social networking sites.
- Experience working with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe InDesign.
- Commitment to working/volunteering with women's issues.
- Interest in diversity and multicultural issues.
- Strong organizational ability and planning skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with different constituency groups (faculty, staff, students, alumni, community, diverse populations).
- Experience with basic office operations including computer software, word-processing.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with good judgment.
- Ability to juggle many different projects simultaneously, with consistent accuracy, follow-through, and timely completion of projects.
- Team-oriented work-style and sense of humor
- Willingness to ask questions and to learn.
- Understanding of University of Minnesota environment, resources, policies and procedures.
- Proficiency in mac-bases environment.
1. In conjunction with the Assistant Director, conduct outreach to on-campus and off-campus groups. Serve as a representative of the office presenting a professional and positive perspective of the Women's Center and the University, including staffing information tables.
2. Assist in coordination of programs/events, particularly in the creation of marketing and advertising materials.
3. Coordinate the Women's Center's tabling efforts.
4. Maintain the Women's Center Facebook page, Twitter page, and other Web 2.0 efforts.
5. Recruit and assist in training Women's Center bloggers.
6. Participate in summer outreach, including information tabling at New Student Orientation and assisting with Welcome Week presentations/activities.
7. Coordinate the meetings of Bufandas for Yolanda knitting group.
8. Other duties as assigned by the Assistant of Women's Center and/or a designee.
The Women's Center advances equity for women students, staff, faculty and alumnae across identities. A unit of the Office for Equity and Diversity, the Women's Center increases connections for women's success, cultivates socially responsible leaders, and advocates for organizational culture change toward excellence for all. The 1st women's center on a college campus, the Women's Center celebrated 50 years in 2010!
The Women's Center Communications Intern works with the Assistant Director and other staff to creatively and effectively communicate our mission to the diverse members of the communities we serve: students, staff, faculty, alumnae and community members. As one of the representatives of the Women's Center, the Communications Intern plays a major role in the Women's Center advertising and outreach efforts. Additionally, the Communications Intern is responsible for some elements of event planning/program coordination.
Apply online now.