The Marketing Communications Specialist provides marketing and communications tactical support for winning go-to market strategies in assigned segment. Assists segment team in planning/executing marketing communication tactics including researching, developing, writing/editing materials for internal and external audiences. Understands key sales channels customer needs and translates key value propositions into compelling customer and consumer messaging. Reports to Marketing Manager and works collaboratively with business partners in sales and product development.
- Provides tactical support for winning go-to-market strategies for emerging markets, product launches, service opportunities and other market opportunities to ensure growth of segment.
- Collaborates with sales and product divisions on ongoing development of product and sales strategies.
- Supports implementation of segment specific value proposition and customer experiences to meet the needs of all channels.
- Writes, edits and/or designs internal communications (Alert), promotional brochures and materials, mandated letters, member publications, public relations tactics, media releases, articles, videos, events, speeches, Internet and other communications tactics.
- Interacts with internal production staff and external resources to coordinate branding, product and sales messaging.
- Supports integration of key value propositions into compelling customer and consumer messaging as delivered in presentations, collateral, webinars, direct marketing, promotions, case studies and other sales tool.
- Represents Marketing and Communications committees, work groups as needed.
- Bachelors degree preferably in the communications, marketing or journalism field and 3 years of related work experience.
- Strong research, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills for working with business partners, vendors and cross-functional teams and for making formal presentations.
- Strong project and time management skills for juggling many changing priorities and working under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated writing and general public relations skills.
- Demonstrated personal computer skills in the use of a suite of software tools (such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and project management tools.
BlueCross BlueShield of MN is a drug free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a background check and drug test before beginning employment.
Apply online now.