Position Title: Communications Intern
Department: HealthPartners / Regions Hospital Communications
Division: HealthPartners Marketing and Communications
The culture at HealthPartners is one of ownership, pride, service and most importantly, partnership. That spirit of partnership among employees, patients and the community helped us to earn a place on the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal’s List of the Twin Cities Great Places to Work. Join us for a career that offers respect, support and encouragement. You’ll stay for the power of partnership.
Looking for an excellent opportunity to hone your public relations and communications skills in a health care environment• HealthPartners Communications team is seeking an intern with an interest in media relations, social media, internal communications and writing.
- Write and edit copy for internal publications, brochures, memos and website articles.
- Assist with media relations: write and distribute news releases, follow-up with key media, prepare background information, prepare staff for media interviews, provide patient condition updates, maintain media lists and editorial calendars, and assist staff with interview process.
- Contribute to the team’s social media efforts including writing content for the interactive newsroom, Twitter and Facebook and creating content for YouTube.
- Provide support and coordination for special events and meetings sponsored by HealthPartners and Regions Hospital.
- Enrolled in or a recent graduate of a mass communication, communications, marketing, journalism, public relations, or related program
- Prefer at least one prior internship in public relations, journalism or marketing
- Knowledge of using social media for public relations
- Strong writing skills
- Interest in health care field preferred
- 40 hours per week
- Individual will have office space three days at HealthPartners offices in Bloomington and two days at Regions Hospital in St. Paul