The purpose of the Marketing Coordinator is to ensure the successful delivery of a body of work representing one or more client partners (Brands, VSMs, Categories, Departments, etc.). This position is aligned to work with the Surly Brand.
The mission of the Marketing Coordinator is to add value as a liaison, instigator and advocate across Marketing and Client resources – driving progress to generate GREAT partnerships and GREAT results.
The Marketing Coordinator has primary responsibility for:
• Proactive Communication: establish and maintain clear and explicit expectations; proactively identify and correct missed communication; ensure that stakeholders are informed of status and changes to expectations; identifies and removes barriers to progress
• Planning and Timelines: develop plans and coordinate activities to deliver work on time every time
• Priority and Timing: identify priority and establish acceptable timing across multiple simultaneous projects. Effective renegotiation of priorities and timelines to respond to changes in work requests or work requirements
• Budget Stewardship: identify, secure, and manage projects within budget parameters
• Resource Management and Tracking: partner with other Marketing Coordinators and marketing leadership to manage resource utilization at the team, skill-set, and individual level
• Tracking and Reporting: develop and maintain reports to improve team efficiency, productivity, accuracy, and staffing levels/mix
• Relationship Management: proactively establish and maintain GREAT working relationships with client partners and team resources
The Marketing Coordinator may have additional responsibility for tactical execution of specific activities to client partners as established with the client partner and agreed upon by the Marketing Director.
Projects include but are not limited to branding, marketing communications, events, social marketing, sponsorship, promotions, print, dealer support, business support, and ad-hoc leadership requests.
• Self-Leadership – Instigates and executes. Takes initiative and action, doing whatever it takes to ensure successful completion of responsibilities
• Delivers GREAT work efficiently, effectively, accurately, on-time and on-budget
• Proactively plans, communicates, negotiates, and manages expectations
• Tracking and Reporting: Develops and provides reporting and intelligence to maximize value creation and effective team/resource management
• Partner satisfaction – Develops and maintains productive and positive relationships with Marketing, Brand, and other partners. Maintains the standards and values of QBP and the QBP Marketing team
• Self-directed and a “doer” – someone who gets things done Planner/Organizer/Detail focused
• Flexibility and willingness to take risks, experiment and change – comfortable with ambiguity
• Clear and effective communication/Assertive
• Relationship focused
• 2 years experience working with an internal or agency marketing group
• Account management, project management, or traffic experience preferred
• Demonstrated history of success navigating multiple strong personalities to achieve great results and great relationships
• Experience with marketing processes and practices especially creative development, print, video, interactive, and social media
• Demonstrated history of success managing multiple projects in a changing environment
Apply online now.