Currently, Schwan's Shared Services, LLC (Schwan’s), a subsidiary of The Schwan Food Company, is seeking a Meeting & Event Planner intern for our Marshall, MN office. The intern will be involved in contracting, sourcing, planning and executing details and logistics for corporate meetings and events.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Selects facilities, hotels, negotiates contracts, select vendors and arranges transportation of the meeting attendees for the business units of The Schwan Food Company.
- Manages the logistical planning of the internal meetings by identifying the contact’s needs and creating an implementation plan to include: meeting room set up, food & beverage arrangements, technology requirements, meeting materials, registration needs, travel requirements, special activities and off-site events.
- Negotiates contract terms and pricing on all functions planned for the meeting or event, executing all contracts in accordance with company policy.
- Manages onsite needs for internal client meetings or events, including national programs as needed.
- Develops and maintains client relationships through understanding of the overall practice, products/services and goals. Produce a high level of customer service through responsive and proactive creative solutions to the client’s needs.
- Maintains industry relationships and knowledge through meeting with hotel representatives and participating in industry training.
- Maintains project budgets, tracks all related expenditures to ensure they remain consistent to plan, commission tracking and evaluates price quotes.
Education: current enrollment in college degree program in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, Hospitality Management or related area of study.
Years of Related Experience: 0-2 years related experience
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Proficient in the operation of a PC, communication and interpersonal skills; strong organizational skills; ability to work independently and work on multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining the ability to re-direct efforts based upon shifting demands; ability to learn and effectively utilize computer programs such as Meeting Software, Computer Reservation System; possess travel industry knowledge; ability to handle high levels of pressure and firm deadlines; ability to keep current in terms of travel and meeting industry changes, attends travel seminars; ability to lift 50 pounds
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.schwancampus.com.