Act as the marketing communications liaison between marketing teams and merchandising areas of Jewelry, Watches, Beauty/Health/Fitness, Fashion, Home, and Consumer Electronics. Provide multi-channel marketing support and communications for major merchandising and key initiatives. Provide tactical execution of sales and marketing plans that support ShopNBC’s top revenue drivers, brand positioning of categories & brands, and support new launches & sales events. When applying to this role, please send in a few short writing samples for review.
- Strong knowledge of marketing, PR, and communications
- 2-3 years of retail experience in public relations and/or corporate communications
- Very strong writing skills with consumer and/or corporate writing
- General retail business understanding
- Strong communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Able to multi-task and detail-oriented
- Team player with charismatic personality
Principle Accountabilities & Authorities:
• Support general merchandising categories within ShopNBC: Jewelry, Watches, Beauty/Health/Fitness, Fashion, Home, Consumer Electronics
• Execute sales and marketing plans that support key revenue drivers, new launches/premieres, and corporate/category events
• Author brand positioning documents for all new brand launches, and update library of existing brand positioning documents
• Participate in name creation for new brands, new concepts, and new products
• Create and write press releases / media alerts on new launches, buzz-worthy category news
• Coordination of interviews and product placements
• Media outreach to consumer press, trade press and blogs
No travel required.
Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.), or equivalent (Journalism degree preferred)
2-3 years Marketing/Communications/Public Relations experience in Retail or BtoC environment
Excellent written & verbal communication skills
Excellent organization skills and ability to meet deadlines
Fluent in Windows applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Apply online now.