St. Paul Smart Trips, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that improves access and mobility for those who travel in and around St. Paul. We envision a St. Paul where sustainable transportation is the safe and easy choice.
The primary responsibility of this position will be to collaborate with staff on the planning and execution of our organizational participation in regional and citywide events such as the Commuter Challenge, a regional event to promote transportation options and Bike Walk Week, a regional celebration of biking and walking as transportation. This position provides a unique opportunity to work collaboratively on focused projects, while engaging in active outreach with the business, government, and non-profit sectors.
1. Recruit St. Paul companies to participate in initiatives and events
2. Help to organize and staff outreach events to promote regional and citywide events
3. Collaborate to develop and coordinate messaging to employers and employees through print and online resources
4. Track outreach efforts and evaluate success
• Professional presence and strong communication (written and orally) and interpersonal skills
• Able to establish and meet project deadlines
• Able to work in a team-oriented office environment, requiring participatory decision making and cooperative interactions among employees
• A proficient knowledge of office computer technology
• Interest in nonprofit sector/sustainable transportation/development helpful
Two to three month commitment. Mon-Fri 10-15 hours per week.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Deadline to apply is Friday, February 25, 2011.
• Please include “intern” in the subject line of your email application
• No phone calls or walk-ins please.
St. Paul Smart Trips is an equal opportunity employer.