As an intern, your primary role will be to partner with your marketing team to strategically develop and position products and programs to meet Corporate Legal Professionals' needs, build company revenue, and meet Corporate Segment objectives by developing a business strategy and leading its implementation. Our clients include General Counsel, in-house lawyers, and compliance and corporate due diligence professionals. This role would also work closely with our Corporate Sales Channel and Account Management team.
Conduct market research and analysis into our corporate market space. Develop an industry profile, identify current customers and prospects, analyze customer segment opportunities and design a marketing program for this market leveraging our product solutions.
Develop efficient ways to gather and distribute leads for our Corporate Sales Channel. Conduct field interviews and surveys to gather data and make recommendations on effective leads based on close rate, method of distribution and product focus.
At Thomson Reuters, we deliver intelligent information quickly and efficiently, so professionals have knowledge to act. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial, legal, tax and accounting, scientific, healthcare, and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
* Preferred marketing background
* Junior/ Senior standing pursing a BA/BS in Marketing or Business Administration or pursing an advanced degree
Knowledge and Skills:
* Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
* Proven skills, including the ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects and meet deadlines
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
* Intermediate to advanced broad based computer skills including MS Office suite
* Ability to conceive, manage and prioritize multiple projects and support a number of constituencies simultaneously
* Ability to work proactively and effectively within a fast-paced, complex, and dynamic environment
* High level of self-direction, self-motivation, and energy
* Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
* Ability to effectively relate to and build relationships with all levels of staff
* Summer 2011 hours: minimum 24+, preferably 40 hours a week
* Possible part-time work in the spring semester 2011
* 10-12+ week internship (May-Sept)
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 55,000 colleagues in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.