- To plan, source, implement and execute community relations/non-profit events for Mall of America and Nickelodeon Universe to drive traffic and increase community support, involvement and exposure.
- To ensure guests of Mall of America and Nickelodeon Universe have a positive shopping and entertainment experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create & manage all phases of community/non-profit and media events, including but not limited to: sourcing, negotiating, arranging and implementing common area events.
- Manage and build relationships with non-profit organizations – identifying key, signature organizations & events and continue to increase funds raised for non-profit events hosted at MOA.
- Serve as “the face of MOA” to the non-profit industry by serving on community boards and supporting community non-profit programs.
- Manage annual community relations budget.
- Serve as a liaison between all MOA departments to ensure communication of community/non-profit events.
- Execute Mall of America corporate giving, including but not limited to:, scholarship program, grants, partnerships and volunteer opportunities.
- Manage Pond Fund, Community Booth and Community Donations Programs.
PREFERRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- BA or BS degree with ephasis in marketing or business management with 3+ years experience in events management and non-profit organizations.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills required.
- Knowledge of building codes, fire and health regulations.
- Proficient in computer skills including Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, e-mail.
- Flexibility to work varied schedules including weekends, evenings and holidays.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Sitting: 40% of time spent using computers, phone and filing systems.
- Walking: 60% of time (30% walking, 30% lifting/physical labor).
To apply send cover letter and resume to Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org.