This internship provides opportunities to undergraduate/graduate students interested in exploring career opportunities in the financial services industry. Internships support full-time employees in accomplishing tasks and projects associated with running a department or business area.
The Marketing & Communications Intern will be have the opportunity to learn about several areas within the department including Marketing, Communications, Sponsorship, Online Strategies, and Corporate Intelligence & Research. A group of projects will be assigned to provide this individual with a cross-section of projects to understand our business and the support that we provide to our internal and external clients.
This internship provides the opportunity to gain a broad understanding of the Marketing & Communications Department by working closely with several different managers to accomplish key departmental projects. These projects will provide the intern with exposure to the US Wealth Management business, how the department supports the business overall, and how we serve the diverse needs of our Wealth Management, International Wealth Management, and Correspondent and Advisor Services channels.
- Develop a thorough understanding of corporate marketing processes and clients served to assist with the implementation of marketing programs and the creation of marketing materials.
- Work with members of the marketing team and internal clients to develop value-added content for our Springboard multi-media communications platform, interact with production vendor (Brand Speak) and produce articles and video deliverables.
- Work with the Corporate Communications team to craft internal communications to key stakeholders such as announcements for new product marketing campaigns, employee announcements such as milestone anniversaries, branch personnel and location changes, technical outages, and others scheduled and ad hoc communications.
- Conduct the annual audit of Financial Advisor internet advertising to ensure compliance with existing standards.
- Help document and develop training videos for users of our internal Tableau reporting tool to help users better understand and utilize the full capabilities of Tableau.
- Support and assist the Sponsorship and Corporate Meetings team with various events taking place during the internship time period.
- Work closely with all members of the team to execute organizational, tactical and administrative functions as needed.
- Coordinate and participate in other special projects as needed across multiple channels.
Job Requirements: (Knowledge/ Experience):
- Undergraduate student (completed sophomore level or higher) in a related major or Graduate student with a declared major in business or a related field.
- Residing in the Minneapolis metro area June through August
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated involvement in extracurricular activities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability as a team player as well as work independently.
- Demonstrated proficiencies with written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Course work focusing on Marketing and/or Communications
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Knowledge of print and electronic media production processes
- Minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale Required Skills/ Competencies/ Attributes:Education:
High School Diploma / GEDRequired Accreditation(s):Special Conditions:
Diversity in the workplace, one of our shared values, lies at the heart of our rewarding, open, supportive and inclusive work environment. We respect and respond to the many competing and evolving priorities in our lives so you can focus on what you can do best - put clients first.