The National Society of Leadership and Success, one of the largest leadership honor societies in America, is looking for the best and the brightest student leaders to apply for a paid two semester internship beginning Spring 2012. If selected as an intern, your responsibility will be to start a chapter of the Society on your campus and serve as the president of a leadership honor society (also known as Sigma Alpha Pi).
The Society offers life-changing lectures from the nation's leading presenters and a community where students come together to help one another succeed. We integrate a year-long speaker series via live webcasts from the nation’s top speakers and celebrities to teach students how to become leaders as well as the keys to success. Some past speakers include: Stephen Covey, Lou Holtz, Goldie Hawn, Jack Canfield, and other celebrity speakers from hit TV shows such as Survivor and America's Next Top Model. You will participate in team meetings in which students set and hold each other accountable to achieve goals.
The Society also encourages and organizes students into action to better the world. By surrounding yourself with like-minded individuals, you will be exposed to peer mentoring which will lead to positive change in your life.
If this sounds like something that you would like to be a part of, please visit our website at http://www.societyleadership.org/intern/BfootSP2012 to submit your resume and application.
The paid Society Internship is a unique experience offering you a chance to develop skills in:
• Management - direct a 12-person executive board
• Budgeting - develop and implement a budget for speakers, community service and social events
• Fundraising - get your community involved supporting the leaders of tomorrow
• Communication - implement cutting edge technology during interactive broadcast events
• Public Speaking - represent The National Society of Leadership and Success on your campus
• Marketing - create local marketing campaigns to enhance your chapter's image and involvement
• Public Relations - develop relationships with administrators and groups on campus
What are some of the benefits of being a Society intern?
• All expense paid 2 day leadership training retreat
• Paid $1500 Stipend
• On campus internship with flexible hours around class schedule
• Develop the essential leadership skills employers and graduate schools are looking for
• Capability to empower others to see your vision and leave a legacy on your campus
• Other great benefits - scholarships and awards, online job bank, access to Success Coaches, customized personalized letter of recommendation, access to several years of past Speaker Broadcasts, Interview Series (audio interviews with experts on various topics), use of a resource collection of leadership books and CD's, Motivational Mondays (weekly e-mails with five-minutes of motivational audio recordings), and participation in Success Networking Teams.
To apply for the National Society of Leadership and Success Internship Program please apply at: