Tracking Code - 20110085
The Toro Giving Program is committed to beautifying and preserving outdoor environments, enhancing communities and improving people’s lives. Support is provided to non-profit organizations located in communities where Toro employees live and work as well as organizations within the turf industry. Toro also provides monthly employee volunteer opportunities, and product and in-kind donations. The Toro Giving Program seeks a full-time intern for the summer, with the possibility of continuing the internship during the school year.
Volunteer Coordination (45%)
* Manage and assist with volunteer event logistics before, during, and after the event
* Administrate the Volunteer Match Toro site and software program
* Craft communications (e-mails, posters, other) to recruit employee volunteers
* Recognize volunteers via e-mail and on-site displays; track volunteer hours
* Attend site visits and meetings with grantseekers
* Manage product donation inquiries and correspondence with grantseekers
* Administrate the entry of data into the Microedge Gifts Donation software
* Assist in administering the Employee Matching Gift and Dollars for Doers programs
* Prepare PowerPoint presentations and materials for Grant Review and Board meetings
* Attend some Minnesota Council on Foundations and Corporate Volunteerism Council events, meetings, and conferences
* Assist with community relations (external and internal communication)
* Update Giving Program internal and external websites; manage “volunteermatch.org” website
* Daily administrative support tasks as needed.
* Prefer individual with an undergraduate degree or a graduate student with interest in philanthropy or non-profit management.
* Seniors majoring in public relations, marketing or related field may be considered.
* Prefer candidates possess knowledge of the grantmaking process, either through grantwriting or grantmaking experience, as well as organizing volunteer projects and special events.
* Other qualifications include strong organizational, interpersonal, communication (written and oral) and skills.
* Should have the capacity to effectively handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously.
* The successful candidate will be energetic, creative, confident and conscientious.
May 23, 2011 – August 12, 2011 (40 hours per week)
Headquartered in Bloomington, MN, The Toro Company delivers innovation through a surprising array of products. Since 1914, our ideas have transformed the way professionals and homeowners care for their outdoor landscapes. An excellent reputation, strong brands, ethical business practices, and a culture founded on trust and respect are ideals shared by our employees. With annual revenue of $1.7 billion, Toro consistently delivers strong financial performance and market leadership. More than 4,400 global employees form a strong community with a world of opportunities to learn and contribute. Ideas and ideals. That’s life at Toro.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply online now.