This position requires an experienced marketing and communications coordinator that is responsible for assisting with the development and execution of marketing strategies for multiple company divisions, as well as coordinating public relations, internal communications, social media, copywriting, and delivering creative marketing solutions. Qualified candidates will have a four year degree, a minimum 4 years experience in marketing and/or public relations and excellent written and oral communication skills. Social media experience preferred.
The primary duties and responsibilities of this position include the following specific tasks. Other duties may be assigned at any time.
- Work with assigned Welsh divisions to generate, execute and follow through on marketing and communications plans for real estate projects, properties or teams. Includes special events, as well as print and online marketing implementation.
- Responsible for the writing and development of company proposals, staff biographies, newsletters, assigned company collateral, email marketing campaigns and other assigned projects.
- Serve as a media contact, develop and coordinate media pitches, track results, and proactively manage relationships with targeted media outlets.
- Write and distribute news releases, scripts, video/audio recordings, and social media posts.
- Prepare company leaders and representatives with effective communication tools for both written and oral delivery. Participate in training sessions as needed.
- Maintain company’s social media outlets including the company’s blog and twitter microblog.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of company website and intranet content.
- Coordinate and strengthen company’s internal and external communications programs.
- Collaborate with research and brokerage division to write and produce quarterly market reports.
- Ensure brand consistency and optimal creative collateral for assigned business units.
- Coordinate marketing materials needed for Welsh sponsored events, speaking engagements, trade shows, etc.
- Oversee vendor relationships as needed.
- Occasional travel to local satellite offices.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the primary duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Job requirements
- Four year degree in Marketing or Communications.
- Work Experience
- Excellent writing skills/experience and attention to detail a must.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in writing press releases and in building media relations.
- Knowledge of AP Stylebook guidelines.
- Strong organizational, project/time management and detail orientation skills.
- Capable of working effectively in a team environment, but must be able to work independently.
- Work experience in supporting multiple teams and projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with public relations software preferred.
- Experience with social media communications and measurement tools preferred.
- Experience with graphic design software (QuarkXpress or InDesign, Photoshop) and digital media technology (CRM, CMS, Email marketing) preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to generate innovative ideas/opportunities to solve problems and meet business needs.
- Experience in coordinating projects with outside vendors.
- Knowledge, skills & abilities
- Language Skills
Must have strong organization and communication skills as the position requires significant interaction with many people. Must also have excellent writing and oral communication.
- Physical Requirements
Must have the ability to sit and/or stand for long periods. No ability to lift or climb is necessary. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.