MLT Vacations, a wholly owned subsidiary of Delta Air Lines, is one of the largest providers of vacation packages in the United States and manager of Delta Vacations, Continental Airlines Vacations, United Vacations and Worry-Free Vacations.
MLT is currently seeking an Event Planner with at least 3 years of experience to plan and administer travel agency events to support the promotional efforts of MLT Vacations’ Sales department. Qualified candidates should have experience with the following:
- Creating event concepts
- Coordinating travel for multiple individuals/groups
- Managing project timelines and budgets for various events.
If you’re looking for more than just another job, find the travel industry exciting and looking for a casual and friendly environment, then MLT Vacations has a perfect opportunity for you. Candidates should have ideals that embody our values of integrity, caring and hard work.
POSITION OBJECTIVE: Plan and administer travel agency events to support the promotional efforts of MLT Vacations’ Sales department.
· Develop, organize, administer and provide on-site logistical management for MLT University, educational seminars, promotional shows, MLT STAR appreciation events, on-site educational trips, publicity events, and special functions as needed.
· Manage hotel and destination partnership events to maximize partner relationships and revenue opportunities for MLT Vacations.
· Create event invitations and necessary promotional collateral, logo items and sales materials.
· Assist Marketing in the development and on-site implementation of marketing sponsor trips.
· Plan, implement and escort Minot Operations team members on destination training trips.
· Ensure show material information is accurate and sent in a timely manner.
· Develop and manage project timelines, keeping responsible parties on target.
· Monitor budget and expenditures, ensuring decisions are cost-effective.
· Generate and distribute reports pertaining to assigned responsibilities.
· Domestic and International travel to fulfill assigned responsibilities.
· Develop and implement major public relations events.
· Coordinate communication with event sponsors, vendors and suppliers.
· Research industry trends and advancements and make recommendations to enhance MLT Vacations events and programs.
· Organize and participate in event debrief meetings and processes, including capturing feedback and routing to appropriate parties.
· Comply with all corporate and departmental policies/procedures and applicable governmental regulations. Ensure corresponding compliance of staff members.
· Other duties and responsibilities as assigned, which may include cross-utilization within the department or with other departments.
· Attend and participate in meetings that pertain to assigned responsibilities.
· Coordinate event-related travel arrangements for support staff and event sponsors as needed.
· Coordinate and participate in site inspections for sales events.
· Work outside of normal business hours as required.
· Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
· High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
· Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or equivalent work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Three years of event planning experience preferred.
· One year of travel industry experience preferred.
· Knowledge of MLT Vacations programs, policies, procedures and reservations systems preferred.
· Strong PC skills including MS Word and Excel required.
· Experience with PowerPoint and Access reporting preferred.
· Must have the ability to work independently and possess strong problem-solving, organizational and negotiation skills.
· Ability to prioritize and successfully manage multiple projects/deadlines simultaneously.
· Must be able to effectively and professionally communicate with management, staff, vendors and customers as well as demonstrate sound judgment/reasoning skills.
· Must demonstrate strong attention to detail.
MLT Vacations offers a comprehensive employee benefits package to help you enjoy a balanced work and personal life. Benefits include Health and Dental Insurance, Paid Time-off, Paid Holidays, 401K with Company Match, Unlimited Worldwide Travel Privileges, Bonus Opportunities, Casual and Friendly Work Environment, Free parking, and more....
Local applicants only please.
Submit your salary requirements along with resume.
MLT Vacations conducts background checks for all final applicants. EOE