Adsoka’s client, Twin Cities Fine Arts Organization (TCFAO), is a nonprofit membership-based organization that galleries, museums, art centers, artists and advocates join. The organization advocates and promotes visual arts literacy, awareness and engagement. Learn more at www.twincitiesfinearts.org.
The internship should provide marketing and/or communications majors with the opportunity to develop their abilities by assisting with the planning, promotion and execution of Art on the Town, a TCFAO event held October 6-15, 2011. The intern will gain first-hand knowledge and hands-on experience in special event coordinating, marketing, public relations and other operations of the organization.
This internship can start immediately and runs through October 2011. Exact dates and schedule are to be determined, with part-time hours between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday typically. During the event there may be some evening and weekend hours.
- Coordinate membership communications and outreach to prospective member organizations
- Develop and implement promotional events including an arts media panel discussion, artist panel discussion and others
- Submit events to various publications
- Prepare media relations materials
- Track results and measures
- Other department duties that arise
- College-level junior or senior
- Marketing major (or related field of study)
- Ability to work independently
- Motivated and willing to bring new ideas
- Excellent writing skills
- Detail oriented and organized
Position Status: Paid
Position Type: Internship, part-time
Work Schedule: 20 hrs/wk
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Application deadline: April 30, 2011
Contact name: Jason Inskeep
Mail cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Internship Opportunity
1029 Washington Ave S.
Minneapolis, MN 55415
Please, no emails or phone calls.