| As the Corporate Communications Specialists for Capella University, you will be responsible for implementing progressive public relations campaigns that highlight the quality and credibility of a Capella education, with a heavy focus on comprehensive social media outreach and search engine optimization strategies. |
Key activities include, but are not limited to:
- Research, develop, and distribute news releases and media pitches that showcase Capellas quality and credibility through multiple media platforms (traditional and social), with a heavy focus on search engine optimization (SEO).
- Monitor and engage with social media conversations daily regarding Capella that take place throughout social media. Develop and act on strategies to foster conversations regarding Capella through various social media channels.
- Responsible for fielding inquiries from the media and assisting with developing a response in a very short period of time.
- Develop and disseminate communications with internal staff regarding coverage of Capella / conversations about Capella happening in traditional and social media. Assist in developing and disseminating key messages and talking points for staff on issues critical to Capellas success.
- Work closely with faculty and staff at all levels to identify news / points of differentiation about Capella that highlight the universitys credibility, and leverage that information by turning it into effective content for both traditional and social media.
|The successful candidate will have experience integrating traditional media relations and new media / social media strategies and tactics. A bachelors degree in journalism, public relations, communications, or related field is required, along with a minimum of 2+ years of experience in public relations or corporate communications. Excellent written communication skills are a must, as well as the ability to multi-task various initiatives from start to finish. Looking for an idea person who can also do the hands on work to complete a project. The ability to think strategically and take a customer-focused approach is essential for success in this position. Internal candidates are encouraged to apply.|
| Capella University |
225 South 6th Street, 9th Floor
Minneapolis, MN 55402
|How To Apply|
|Click the apply now button and apply to this job opening. You will be prompted to either login using an existing user ID and password or register for a new account.|
|Apply online now.|
|Equal Employment Opportunity|
|Capella is committed to the development of a multicultural environment. We seek greater diversity in our faculty and staff to broaden our academic experience and to reflect the diversity within our learner community. We value the input of multiple viewpoints and perspectives across the university and our corporate offices. Our goal is to create academic and business communities that are rich with cultural, social and intellectual diversity. Capella is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.|
Thursday, April 28, 2011
Capella University - Corporate Communications Specialists
Posted by Ryan May