Cargill is an international producer and marketer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. Founded in 1865, the privately held company employs 131,000 people in 66 countries. Cargill helps customers succeed through collaboration and innovation, and is committed to applying its global knowledge and experience to help meet economic, environmental and social challenges wherever it does business. For more information, visit www.cargill.com.
Media Relations Intern
This internship position supports the Cargill Corporate Affairs Media Relations team, which is responsible for external communications support for the company's business units, issues communications and corporate responsibility communications.
The intern will have exposure to the media relations team's entire portfolio of work and will be involved largely in researching, writing and editing content for both internal and external audiences. Examples of assignments would include drafting community grant press releases; preparing media outreach materials; participating in media events; and drafting media kit materials.
- 40% Writing
- 30% Special projects
- 20 % Research
- 10% Miscellaneous support
- The environment is team oriented, fast paced, and hands-on.
- Students are given the opportunity to apply their skills and gain hands-on experience working on projects and publicizing company initiatives.
- Wayzata, MN
- Juniors or seniors currently enrolled in an accredited degree program pursuing a BA in communications, journalism or English. Alternately, students who are pursuing a Liberal Arts degree.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
- Eligible to work June - August 2011.
-Must be willing to relocate.
- 3.0 GPA or greater preferred.
- Previous corporate, agency or nonprofit communications experience/internship.
- Familiar with Associated Press style.
- Strong organizational skills.