- Coordinate weekly Communiqué e-newsletter to accounts and weekly Library Express e-newsletter to librarians.
- Oversee Cision’s media database and gathering media lists for publishers; handle chargebacks to publishers for marketing expenses.
- Participate in weekly marketing and e-merchandising meetings; monthly sales and marketing meetings; and seasonal presales meetings. Prepare presales followup notes and guidance to publishers on tipsheets and catalog copy.
- Oversee year-round marketing internship program.
- Manage Co-op with Independent bookstores: Handle all requests from accounts for individual co-op from publishers and create seasonal universal co-op form for sales reps and accounts.
- Coordinate Consortium group print ads, including publisher participation and design and production.
- Assist in the administration and monitoring of chain and wholesaler promotions and publisher participation in various Indiebound promotions.
- Coordinate warehouse mailings for publishers and seasonal Consortium galley box mailings.
- Participate in weekly social media meetings and contribute to Consortium’s Twitter, Facebook, and other social media accounts.
- Help support various digital initiatives as book industry evolves.
- Attend academic and library trade shows and conferences.
- Attend sales conference.
- Assist with shipments to tradeshows.
- Assist with updating the Marketing Handbook
- Participate in publisher strategy meetings.
- Act as back-up for the Marketing Director
Requirements of the position include:
•Must be very detail-oriented and skilled at organizing, inputting, and
tracking large amounts of information.
•Must be adept on the computer and quick at learning different programs. Knowledge of Excel required.
•Ability to prioritize work, multi-task, and to meet deadlines.
•Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
•Willingness to work extended hours as needed.
•Ability to work as a team player
401 K Plan, Health, Dental, Life Insurance. Annual Salary: Commensurate with Experience.
To Submit A Resume
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax Marketing Director at 612-746-2606. No phone calls please.
ABOUT CONSORTIUM: Since 1985, Consortium Book Sales & Distribution has enabled a select group of independent publishers to successfully reach the trade, library, and academic audiences for their books. In partnership with our client publishers, we work to develop each publishing program to its fullest potential by providing high quality trade sales representation, aggressive sales and marketing support, and a full range of distribution services.
Today, Consortium represents 100 independent publishers located throughout the US, Canada, the UK, and Europe. Consortium is home to an award-winning literary tradition, fostering innovation and excellence in publishing—among the many honors are Pulitzer prizes, National Book Awards, and Nobel Prizes. We offer a diverse range of books including literature, politics, music, art, gay and lesbian studies, and children's books, among other subject categories. For a full list of our publishers, visit www.CBSD.com.