PURPOSE: Responsible for assisting the Public Relations department in promoting Mall of America. Candidates should have strong writing and communication skills. Some public relations experience is preferred.
- Assist in writing press materials, pitching and updating online media room
- Assist with media crews working in the Mall
- Assist with general PR needs including ordering necessary supplies, generating documents, record keeping, filing, etc.
- Research creative and innovative ideas to promote MOA and MOA events
- Answer guest’s questions and provide assistance when needed
PREFERRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Pursuing a degree in Public Relations or Journalism
· Strong knowledge of computer and word processing applications
· Some knowledge and use of social media tools
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously
· Assertive with a “can do” attitude and able to work independently as well as be a team player