Reports to: Marketing & Communications Manager
Timeframe: Late May through Mid-September
Pay Rate: $11/hour
Job Summary: Support State Fair public relations, marketing and guest relations efforts through
social media including Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and other sites.
• Coordinate, create and produce written material for fair’s social media sites.
• Responsible for monitoring social media conversations and fair’s online social media
• Produce video campaign for fair’s YouTube channel.
• Compose and produce Daily News, the fair’s internal newsletter.
• Complete miscellaneous writing projects as assigned.
• Work extra daily hours and periods with no days off during peak activity times.
• Complete special projects as assigned.
• Assist in other areas of marketing division as needed.
• Assist with tasks as assigned by immediate supervisor or Deputy General Manager.
• High school graduate and have or are working toward a bachelor’s degree in public relations,
journalism, marketing, business communications or a related area of study.
• Computer skills and social media experience.
• Excellent oral and written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Customer service experience.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Send a cover letter, resume, references, writing samples and examples of social media usage
in a Microsoft Word, PDF or web link format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• No phone calls or walk-in inquiries will be accepted.
• We will only respond to applicants who are chosen to interview for the position.
• Deadline: Tuesday, April 19, 2011