Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce, distribute and organize daily press clippings for staff and media
- Assist in the handling and distribution of season and individual media credentials
- Assist in the production and distribution of game notes prior to each game
- Ensure proper materials such as stats, clips and game notes are produced and available for media at practices and games
- Develop strong working relationships with beat writers and other members of the local media
- Pitch story ideas to local and national print and broadcast media outlets
- Assist department in writing and distribution of press releases and other team related material such as media guide, game program stories and www.wild.com content
- Distribute packets to visiting media and team members prior to each home game
- Press box set-up and clean-up for all Wild home games
- Assist community relations department with events and appearances
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- College degree preferred in journalism, communication, public relations or related degree
- Sports experience in media, public relations or related field a plus
- Ability and willingness to work full-time, extended or unusual hours including evenings, weekends and/or holidays
- Attention to detail with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Results oriented with proven ability to successfully prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Excellent organizational and time- management skills
- Capable of updating social media content on Facebook and Twitter
- Ability to work well independently within a team and results oriented environment
- Proficient computer skills with ability to use Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Available through June of 2012
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have a degree in journalism, communications, public relations or a related field?
2. Briefly explain your background with sports experience in media, public relations or a related field.
3. Are you available to work full time hours through June 2012?
Apply for this position.