Mortenson helps all customers achieve their goals - anywhere in the world. Mortenson maintains its company headquarters in Minneapolis, and supports offices in Chicago, Denver, Milwaukee, Phoenix, Seattle, and Shanghai, China. Smaller offices are staffed as needed around the world in order to serve the unique needs of our customers. We also have teams that specialize in certain types of markets, such as federal work, renewable energies, sports arenas, and mission critical facilities.
Our business philosophy is dedicated to trusting relationships, excellence in performing services, and advanced technology in building. We have built a reputation for being a solid and progressive company that is trustworthy, responsible, and a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
This position is responsible for developing external and internal communications that help position Mortenson Construction as the most preferred general contractor.
- Coordinate and help manage Mortenson’s external and internal online efforts including social media
- Contribute to a wide range of communication initiatives, including public relations, advertising, events and various marketing-related programs
- Some graphic design and copywriting responsibilities
- Project coordination
- Other related duties and responsibilities as assigned
- 3-6 years in communications, marketing, online or related area; preferably with a mix of both agency and corporate experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communication or related field
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to produce high caliber communications for use internally and externally
- Software skills associated with graphic design and Internet site management including proficiency in Microsoft, Adobe platforms and HTML
- Strong writing and design skills
- Experience working with outside vendors and creative agencies
- Ability to work within limited budgets
- Enthusiastic self-starter
- Creative team player
- Must have impeccable judgment and utmost respect for confidentiality