The Social Engagement Strategist leads development of social marketing strategy – both through campaigns and infrastructure recommendations – and counsels clients on best practices in social marketing. The Strategist takes the lead on assessing emerging, viable technology platforms, and defines opportunities for the integration of social engagement to drive business goals. In addition, the strategist will cultivate business development efforts by facilitating planning sessions and workshops. Further, the Strategist serves as a vocal advocate - among both clients and co-workers – to follow the OLSON models of social engagement and maintain a focus on driving meaningful connections.
- Counsel - Develop strategic recommendations to shape and optimize client campaigns, as well as new business efforts.
- Plan - Independently concept, plan and sell social marketing campaigns based on client objectives and insights uncovered by the Social Media Specialist.
- Develop Concepts - Build on industry insights to develop new working models to conceptualize social marketing and communicate the value it to clients.
- Drive Innovation - Lead efforts to pioneer new methods of social engagement, and merchandise results and key learnings among internal and external audiences.
- Advocate - In concert with the Senior Social Engagement Strategist, take a central and visible role internally and externally advocating the OLSON approach to social engagement and best practices.
- A four-year degree in communications, marketing or a related field.
- Four to six years experience in developing marketing strategy, with an emphasis on social marketing platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, blog platforms, etc.) with demonstrated success for clients.
- At least two years experience of non-work related rich content development (blogging, vlogging, podcasting.)
- Experience in independently developing objective-driven, strategic social marketing plans.
- Success in developing hard-working models for clients to sell social strategies internally.
- Excellent analytical and creative skills.
- Strong writing and communication skills, including mastery of PowerPoint and Excel.
- The ability to work well on team efforts or on solo projects.
- Good multi-tasking and organization skills.