This internship provides opportunities to undergraduate/graduate students interested in exploring career opportunities in the financial services industry. Internships support full-time employees in accomplishing tasks and projects associated with running a department or business area.
The Journalism & Communications Intern will have the opportunity to learn about several areas within the department including Communications, Strategies, and Corporate Intelligence & Research. A group of projects will be assigned to provide this individual with a cross-section of projects to understand our business and the support that we provide to our internal and external clients.
This internship provides the opportunity to gain a broad understanding of US Wealth Management by working closely with several different managers to accomplish key departmental projects. These projects will provide the intern with exposure to the US Wealth Management business, how the department supports the business overall, and how we serve the diverse needs of our Wealth Management, International Wealth Management, and Correspondent and Advisor Services channels.
- Will be asked to perform research projects regarding specific areas or topics.
- Collect, organize and summarize specific data which can be used to create a finalized piece of communication.
- Proof read and edit existing written materials for the final document completion.
- Work closely with all members of the team to execute organizational, tactical and administrative functions as needed.
- Coordinate and participate in other special projects as needed across multiple channels.
Job Requirements: (Knowledge/ Experience):
- Undergraduate student (completed sophomore level or higher) in a related major or Graduate student with a declared major in Journalism, English or Communications
- Ability to work in downtown Minneapolis from June through August
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated involvement in extracurricular activities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability as a team player as well as work independently.
- Demonstrated proficiencies with written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Strong writing and editing skills (spelling, grammar, sentence structure, etc.)
- Excellent research and documentation skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Knowledge of print and electronic media production processes
- Minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
When you apply please include a cover letter stating your interest in the position.