- Assist with public relations efforts such as writing press releases, conducting media outreach, researching speaking opportunities and tracking media coverage.
- Write and distribute weekly internal newsletter
- Support and inform social media efforts
- Assist with creating and distributing email campaigns and online surveys
- Contribute ideas and stories for external newsletters
- Manage submissions for the My Life page of the St. David's Center Web site
- Assist with event planning and implementation
- Support administrative function within communications and events
This is an unpaid internship; 10 - 15 hours per week; flexible scheduling. Internship would begin June 1; length is negotiable.
- Completed or currently pursuing Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, public relations, journalism or related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products and knowledge of the Internet and social media
- Familiarity with FrontPage is a plus, but not required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Must be able to manage a project with goals and deadlines