Cast your textbook aside, this is where marketing in social media comes alive! Join Yelp as a Marketing Intern and gain real marketing experience to real people!
What is Yelp?
Yelp is a website where 41 million people (monthly) read and write reliable and trustworthy reviews of local businesses (restaurants, bars, shopping, just to name a few) from across communities in the US, the UK, Canada, France, Germany, and Austria.
Community Managers in over 50 Yelp communities are responsible for marketing, PR, other social media outlets, event planning, e-newsletter campaigns, and various odds and ends on the local level —but they can’t do it alone! Yelp Interns play an integral part in supporting activities designed to rally the Yelp community both online and off.
As a Yelp Marketing Intern You’ll Benefit From:
- Practical experience with new media marketing techniques
- Plenty of opportunities to shadow and spend time with the Community Manager including weekly meetings for coaching and professional development
- A rich network of personal and professional contacts
- As much Yelp marketing schwag as can be swallowed
- Helping develop, organize and execute marketing events (parties, happy hours) and guerilla marketing programs (festivals, street ambushes, etc)
- Co-managing the Twitter handle
- Keeping Yelp clean with on-site projects, writing and researching
- Online community building
- 3-6 month program; can be renewed with approval.
- 8-16 flexible hours per week.
- Interns must be 21+ and have reliable transportation.
- You must be eligible to receive college credit for this internship.