Purpose of the Position:
To assist The Basilica of Saint Mary Marketing and Communications Department with various projects.
Scope of the Position:
Support the mission, vision, and values of The Basilica of Saint Mary while performing job duties. Reports to the Marketing and Communications Director and is responsible for the following duties:
- Maintain/update The Basilica’s website (including Facebook, Blogs)
- Format eblasts to Basilica parishioners
- Upload formatted pictures for use on website/eblasts
- Research and implementation of appropriate social media tools
- Writing tasks, including composition of short articles for bulletin, newsletter, and website
- Write media alerts and news releases and distribute to the media (assists with Block Party PR)
- Miscellaneous administrative tasks, as needed
- Organization and prioritization of work schedule
As a “Traditional Church with a Modern Message,” a high level of comfort with the mission of The Basilica is vital. Must have a demonstrated commitment to working in a collaborative environment.
- High school diploma
- College work in marketing and communications (social media experience preferred)
- Excellent time management and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong writing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Able to work a minimum of 10 hours a week
- Previous experience using social media tools
- Proficiency in Microsoft Publisher
- Flexibility to attend weekly Communication Team meetings on Wednesdays from 10:00 am to 11:00 am
- Able to attend occasional evening meetings as needed
Apply online now.