Position Mission: Assist the marketing team as a whole with key initiatives to drive traffic and revenue for Caribou Coffee.
* Participate in various stages of development of marketing programs and advertising materials.
* Become familiar with marketing strategies, budgets and annual marketing plan.
* Develop retailing and merchandising strategies and planograms.
* Assist with several key projects, such as planning for Amy’s Blend and Holiday and brand evolution project.
* Help with the execution of summer events.
* Assist with social media content development.
* Research and analyze trends; assist in tracking effectiveness of various media/advertising efforts.
* Assist with fielding requests for donations, sponsorships, information and partnerships: return inquiry calls, send relevant materials, etc.
* Participate in meetings with agency of record, vendors, media contacts and various internal teams
* Assist with administration, as required.
* Work with Field Marketing Manager to develop tools, tactics, materials and ideas.
* Assist in fielding marketing requests from district and store managers.
* Search out, analyze and identify best practices of other retailers.
* Support marketing and operations tests of new products and initiatives.
* Assist with select marketing events.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
* Knowledge of and experience with general marketing principles.
* Excellent writing skills.
* Ability to organize and prioritize work, juggle several projects at once.
* Experience with word processing and desktop publishing programs required; knowledge of database programs helpful.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Ability to establish effective relationships with outside organizations and contacts.
* Some experience with public relations issues.
* Ability to maintain confidential information.
* Able to take direction and follow through multi-step project steps/procedures consistently.
* Adhere to company policies, programs, and work rules.
* Perform work in a timely and professional manner.
* Highly motivated, self-directed, and results driven.
Minimum Education and Training:
* College student pursuing a degree in Marketing or related field.
* Broad base knowledge and/or experience with general marketing principles.
The physical demands for this position are sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Caribou reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Caribou or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Caribou Coffee is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply online now.