telling the stories of pioneering organizations and individuals who make the world a better place.
We seek a design intern who can enhance our storytelling processes through compelling,
information-driven visuals. This position will support a wide range of design projects — from Web
and new media initiatives to logos, identity systems, print collateral and product packaging —
depending on our clients’ design needs.
- Support all areas of the design process — from research, initial concepts and sourcing materials to concept development and final production
- Implement copy changes within designs, make design revisions and perform production tasks using existing style guidelines
- Prepare design elements for client presentations (e.g., Keynote presentations, spray mount boards, etc.)
- Obtain pricing bids from printers and prepare design files for submission to printer
- Handling administrative design requests, such as scanning, compressing PDF files, stock image searches, etc.
- Collaborate with Haberman’s Visual Storytelling team members to develop designs that advocate for our clients, and persuade and educate their audiences
- Exceptional design skills with the ability to work across a wide range of projects, from
- identity design and print collateral to online experiences and video
- • Understanding of design best practices, concepts and terminology
- • Proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
- • Highly organized and detail-oriented
- • Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects/deadlines in an ever-changing, fastpaced
- • Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment
- • Understanding of the value of design and brand within a business context
- • Intellectual curiosity
- • Healthy sense of humor and out-of-bounds creativity
Deadline to apply: June 3, 2011
Contact: Send resume to Stacy Helseth, 612-338-3900, firstname.lastname@example.org