Kohnstamm Communications is an award-winning Public Relations Agency that serves a target niche of consumer and business media, branding, and CPG, B2B, and online marketing in key sectors including corporate social responsibility, organic/natural food and beverage, health and wellness, and others. Honored by the Holmes Report as the nation’s “2010 Boutique Agency of the Year,” Twin-Cities-based Kohnstamm serves a dynamic portfolio of national clients.
The Account Intern position is a paid internship that will provide real-world, functional, agency experience; tangible pieces for portfolio; and contacts in the industry for job networking.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with the ability to integrate and work closely with the Kohnstamm account teams. The Account Intern will gain exposure to build skills in developing in-the-moment tactics that allow our clients to respond quickly to current issues and effectively position themselves and/or their products in a positive light. Tactics include managing measurement and clip reporting, proactively contacting media, reviewing and assisting with messaging/talking points, processing clippings, and deploying social media campaigns. In addition, the Account Intern may be called upon to prepare press kits, assist in product launches and trade shows, and write press materials (media pitches, press releases, video scripts, etc.) and client briefings.
As a member of the account team, the Account Intern assists in research and analysis and aids in the managing of day-to-day account administration. Strong persuasive writing and communications skills are key for success. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment, possesses a sense of humor, and is able to perform under pressure.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Research and track news and industry trends that can be incorporated into successful pitches.
- Research and create targeted media lists that will lead to overall account results.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and thoroughness in all projects as assigned by Kohnstamm team members.
- Generates clean, accurate, and timely reports as assigned by account teams.
- Helps gather and potentially track news clips for assigned clients in timely manner.
- Helps account leads with any research needed to prepare for client meetings, planning, pitches, etc.
- Responsible for sample sending needs for most agency clients as assigned by account teams.
- Prioritizes workload to ensure deadlines are met.
- Is comfortable sharing ideas and informed feedback during internal and client meetings and throughout the planning process.
- Open to constructive critiques, feedback while contributing a positive attitude.
- Achieve daily and weekly client goals as outlined by account lead and completes projects on time.
- Regularly enters accurate time with specificity and actively seeks assistance with project prioritization as needed; keeps account manager updated on project work.
- Comfortable drafting on-message and grammatically correct media materials such as fact sheets and bios.
- Possesses and uses strong proofreading skills.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required for the Role
- Candidate for Bachelor’s Degree required; journalism, communications, marketing, speech, or related discipline preferred.
- Demonstrated interest and skills in Public Relations industry.
- Demonstrated skills in drafting and editing communications materials.
- Demonstrated measurement experience in tracking media coverage.
- Proven research skills.
- Working knowledge of social media.
- Strong technical/computer skills including Word, Excel, and Power Point. MAC experience preferred.
- Enthusiasm for business, entrepreneurial spirit, and a passion for driving results that substantively impact the client’s business.
- Sense of humor.
- Team player.
ADDITIONAL POSITION INFORMATION
- Most work is performed in a temperature-controlled office environment.
- May sit for long periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
- May use calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment in the course of normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the associate(s) in this job. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary by position.
Apply by submitting resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.