Ranked among the top ten comprehensive U.S. art museums, the Minneapolis Institute of Arts (MIA) is dedicated to national leadership in bringing art and people together to discover, enjoy and understand the world's diverse artistic heritage. The MIA is a free institution that welcomes the local, state, national and international community. Its collection includes world-famous works that embody the highest levels of artistic achievements, spanning five thousand years and representing the world's diverse cultures across continents.
The MIA offers volunteer internship opportunities for individuals considering or pursuing careers in communications and/or museum work. Interns will be working closely with the Marketing Department to gain hands-on experience. This is an opportunity to create and execute communications initiatives, including social media, advertising, and marketing, along with other projects and events. All candidates with skills, interests, or
experience relevant to communications and museum work may apply.
- Work or study in the field of communications, marketing, public relations, advertising or other related field (1 year +).
- Experience with social networking tools including Facebook and Twitter
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Able to adapt to different marketing and communications projects as needed.
- Resume with GPA
- Cover Letter
- References (not required, but recommended)
- Recommendation Letters (not required, but recommended)
Minneapolis Institute of Arts