Whatever job you're looking for, you can probably find it at Cargill. Our diverse partnerships across a variety of industries mean countless career opportunities for you. It's your choice. It's your future. And you can make it happen at Cargill.
Cargill is embarking upon a journey to design all of its key business processes in over 70 business units within 66 countries. This will include creating the approaches, tools and technology to support those processes. Be on the ground floor as a part of a team that will change the way Cargill works. This is a major global effort with significant impact. Join us to make this successful company even stronger, more focused on the customer and more profitable. Be a part of it.
The Communications Intern provides communication support to Cargill business units and functions, executes the communication approach and supports execution of communications activities. This position will partner with the Tartan Wave Communications Manager and Communication Consultants to support the execution of communication plan(s) in order to produce work in a timely manner based upon work plan requirements.
This position will report to the Wave Communications Manager, CCE.
80% Execution of Tartan Communications
- Support the execution of the communications plan by developing messages that support Tartan implementation to business units, functions and central project team members with oversight/approval from Wave Communications Manager and Wave Communications Consultants
- Draft, review, and edit customized Tartan communication materials in plain language for targeted audiences using appropriate media utilizing MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and, as appropriate, HTML and software for online media.
- Support employee activities, such as Town Halls, employee-engagement events, tours and other employee events as appropriate.
15% Integration and Collaboration with other teams
- Works with other Tartan Program Communication team members to ensure consistency of message with other key audiences
5% Miscellaneous Duties as assigned
- 1 year experience in communications related field or equivalent education experience
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work in a project environment
- Experience writing written and oral communications skills
- Self-starter and effective problem solver
- Demonstrated strong collaborative skills
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and communicate at multiple levels in the organization
- Ability to take complex, project language and simplify it without losing the key message
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree, preferably in English, journalism, public relations or communications-related field
- Some business experience
- Some experience with event communications management
Cargill is an international producer and marketer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. Founded in 1865, the privately held company employs 131,000 people in 66 countries. Cargill helps customers succeed through collaboration and innovation, and is committed to applying its global knowledge and experience to help meet economic, environmental and social challenges wherever it does business. For more information, visit www.cargill.com.
Cargill is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply online now.
Apply online now.