At Cummins, regardless of your degree or area of expertise, you have the capacity and the opportunity to immediately impact our organization and our future. As a $13 billion international leader, our diverse business segments range from innovative filtration systems, advanced turbochargers, and power generation to the world's leading diesel engines and components. Our business diversity demands the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of backgrounds. We unleash the power of Cummins by giving you the freedom to take charge, the opportunities to grow and the benefits to build your future. Our commitment to a solid work/life balance is just one example.
At Cummins, you'll help make people's lives better by creating the products that provide jobs and help world economies. You'll help create innovative, environmentally responsible power solutions. You will unleash the potential of your talents as never before.
Our Power Generation Business has an exciting opportunity for a Social Medial Specialist located in Fridley, Minnesota.
The Social Media Manager will create social media action plans that drive prospect and customer engagement. This includes overseeing the day-to-day deployment of communication, as the voice of the company, across a range of social media platforms. This position will be responsible for strategizing engagement opportunities, managing social content development, managing the timely execution of campaigns, as well as monitoring and interpreting social media analytics in support of integrated marketing initiatives. Candidate must display a high degree of self-motivation with a proven track record of working within the social media interactive space.
- Develop social media campaign strategy to acquire followers, build advocates and ultimately convert to customers.
- Implement programs for engaging, nurturing, and growing Cummins Power Generation's social sphere of users online by starting and/or thoughtfully contributing to conversations in relevant online communities in the social media world.
- Identify new opportunities and recommend social media strategy to ensure its effectiveness and the adoption of relevant social media techniques.
- Influence internal stakeholders to incorporate social media into marketing campaigns, programs, and launches ensuring that social media efforts are aligned with marketing objectives and goals.
- Develop a comprehensive social media editorial process with stakeholders.
- Develop a comprehensive set of social media guidelines and policies; develop rules for action when violations and other issues arise.
- Manage roadmap for the social media tools in use on the Company's site, directing social media tool integration.
- Manage a portfolio of social media accounts and engage with online audiences, both proactively and reactively, to promote the account on social channels such as blogs, message boards, social networks, video upload hubs, etc.
- Oversee, train, recruit, and collaborate with other social media resources as needed.
- Act as the advocate of social media integration within the Company, influencing overall site and business strategies.
- Expand the reach of PGBU content through syndication.
- Assisting consultants and leadership with their own social media activities.
- Determine benchmarks and interpret analytics to evaluate effectiveness; develop and implement dashboards for performance reporting.
- Monitor and study trends, changes and developments among competition and within the wider social media industry.
- Provide daily, vigilant moderation of Cummins Power Generation's official social media properties and escalate hot topics to subject matter experts and line-of-business managers.
- Develop and implement a plan to gain insight into social media behavior of key audiences.
- Identify ways to maximize the performance of our social media programs through increased positive sentiment rakings and improved web call-to-action conversion rates.
(experience required, preferred requirements, certifications, computer skills)
- : Bachelor's degree in Business, Communications, Interactive Marketing or a related field
- Minimum of 2+ years of agency or corporate e-business / interactive group experience working with social media, preferably in a in a B2B context.
- A demonstrated understanding of relevant social media platforms and technologies such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and blogs.
- Have evidence of significant content production (high follower counts, blog/vlog archives, multiple content syndication channels, etc.)
- Exceptional skills in oral, written, and presentational communications; collaboration and relationship-building; project and time management skills.
- Knowledge of WordPress, Radian6, Eloqua, basic HTML and CSS is a huge plus
- Proven 6s experience, including classroom training and progressing toward GB and Sponsor certification. Completed GB and Sponsor certification preferred.
- Critical Performance Skills
- (list two or three bullets - such as strong project mgmt skills, strong interpersonal skills, etc.)
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and skilled at solving problems - a strategic thinker with the ability to deliver on day to day tactics.
- Deep relationship and communication skills to foster alignment across PGBU and CMI.
- Accomplished technical skills and knowledge to assist in developing feasible approaches that meet business needs and can be accomplished with limited time and resources.
Compensation: Base salary commensurate with experience plus bonus.
Interested candidates please submit your resume for prompt consideration.
Cummins Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace.
Apply online now.