Edina Public Schools is seeking a Communications Intern located at the Edina Community Center beginning immediately. This internship is a hands-on experience that requires previous experience in communications. This position will support the district communications department and will work with a variety of communications platforms
· At least three+ years of college working towards a communications degree in an accredited four-year communications program.
· Knowledge of news writing style and familiarity with a variety of communication platforms (print, web, social media, video, etc.).
· Proficient in word processing, photo editing and web development technologies and ability to use available programs: Microsoft Office; Photoshop; and desktop publishing programs including Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
· Experience updating web sites using Dreamweaver; some HTML knowledge preferred.
· Strong understanding of social networking and knowledge of using the Internet to communicate ideas and generate dialogues.
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
· Ability to work independently and manage a variety of projects simultaneously.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate to a variety of audiences (e.g. parents, volunteers, general public, elected officials, media, staff, and outside agencies).
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Working knowledge of digital photography and video.
· At least one year of experience working in communications preferred.
Term/Hours:Six-month position at 15 hours per week
Apply online now.